2021 Summer Camp – FAQs and Updates
*Please Note: Registration for our in-person 2021 programs is now closed. Click below to register for our Virtual Village drop-in programs. Thank you for your interest in Brigadoon Village and we hope to see you in 2022!
HOW IS COVID-19 GOING TO AFFECT CAMP THIS YEAR?
What we do know at this time is listed below & we’ll continue to add to this list as we receive more information:
- We’re optimistic that given the timeline our province’s phased reopening is expected to follow, we will be able to open our facility with enough time to offer 6 weeks of reduced-capacity summer camp programming & various virtual programming options throughout the summer.
- Our official first day of camp will be July 25th. A complete list of our summer camp programs can be found here.
- Following the province’s guidance on cohorts will allow us to host 40-50 campers per week, which is approximately 40% of our regular capacity. We hope to safely host nearly 300 campers in person this summer as well as an additional 100 through Virtual Village programs.
- Our next step forward is to ensure that all campers have the opportunity to join in on the magic of camp with the launch of Virtual Village 2021. This will include two weeks of camp programming in early July and some drop-in programming in August (options for families, teens, and all campers).
- Our approach to keeping campers safe at camp can be found here: 2021 Brigadoon Village COVID-19 Protocol
I APPLIED FOR CAMP, BUT HAVEN’T YET RECEIVED AN EMAIL CONFIRMING OUR SPOT
Camper families who applied to attend camp this summer received an email on June 9th outlining our revised plans. Once all families have had the opportunity to confirm their spot at camp, we’ll review all revised applications and send official confirmations.
Families must complete the ‘2021 In-Person Interest Form’ on their CampBrain account as explained in the June 9th email. This form must be completed by midnight, Monday, June 14th. If this form is not completed your 2021 camper application will be cancelled. All applications will be reviewed by our medical team and cabins will be filled according to our cohort guidelines given by public health.
Confirmations will be sent out on or before June 22nd, 2021 via email.
IF I ALREADY APPLIED TO AN IN-PERSON CAMP, DO I NEED TO RE-APPLY FOR VIRTUAL VILLAGE?
Yes. Registration for Virtual Village will open on June 22, 2021. The deadline to apply for our week-long virtual camp will be 12:00 PM, July 2, 2021. In order to ensure as many campers as possible are able to have a Brigadoon experience this year, Virtual Village will only be open to campers who will not be attending in-person camp this summer. Click here to learn more or to register for our drop-in programs!
AM I ABLE TO REGISTER MY CAMPER FOR MORE THAN ONE CAMP SESSION
Typically, yes. However, this year, because space is so significantly reduced, campers will only be able to attend one camp (including virtual).
ARE OUT-OF-PROVINCE CAMPERS ABLE TO ATTEND CAMP IN PERSON?
First priority will be given to campers based in Nova Scotia. However, we are giving out-of-province campers the option of remaining on a waiting list should spots be available if/when borders open.
WILL BEING VACCINATED BECOME A REQUIREMENT TO ATTEND CAMP IN 2021?
No. While we encourage everyone to get vaccinated, we will not require campers or staff to be vaccinated in order to attend camp this year.
WHERE CAN I FIND INFORMATION ON HOW TO PREPARE MY CAMPER FOR CAMP?