Things to remember when packing for Camp!
- Please remember to mark all clothing with your child’s name. Do not send good clothes!
- Please ensure you have enough of each item to last the entire length of camp, with a few extras! (6 days and 5 nights)
- Brigadoon is not responsible for loss or damage of items and clothing.
- We do not have a tuck shop, so campers have no need to bring money.
- YOU MUST pack ALL medications in their original packaging, in a Zip-Lock bag with your camper’s name on it. Please make sure that you send enough of each medication to last the full week, plus a few extras, just in case!
- Underwear and socks
- Pants and shorts
- T-shirts and long sleeve shirts
- Sweater or sweatshirt
- Jacket or windbreaker
- Rain jacket and rain pants
- Sneakers (must have)
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Hairbrush or comb
- Bath towel
- Shower shoes
- Feminine hygiene products
- Medications (you will check-in with a nurse upon arrival) including Epi-pens, inhalers, etc.
- Sleeping bag OR twin fitted sheets/blankets
- Pillow and pillowcase
- Water bottle
- Small backpack/bag
- Beach towel
- Sunglasses Adaptive equipment or mobility aids (wheelchair, walker, etc.)
- Journal/notebook and pens/pencils
- Stuffed animals or comfort items
- Musical instruments
- Bug spray
- Some snazzy clothes for our Thursday night gala dinner (either the nicest or silliest clothes you can find!)
- Clothes for meal themes: we’ll send out an e-mail a few weeks before camp which will let you know what the meal themes for the week will be! If your camper would like to pack some extra special clothes for this purpose, they’re more than welcome to!
If your camper is a returning camper, and has therefore already been given a Brigabattle team, we’d encourage them to pack clothes to represent their team! For first-year campers, we’ll sort them into a Brigabattle team upon arrival, but if they’d like to be super prepared, they can pack an article of clothing which will have them all set, regardless of which team they end up on!
The colours are:
Bears: Brown or Black
Eagles: Yellow or White
Foxes: Red or Orange
Turtles: Green or Blue
Our veteran campers recommend
- Sharpie markers for signing t-shirts
- Stationary for writing notes to your friends
- Your own supply of friendship bracelet string
- Your favourite stuffed animal to make it feel like home
- Decorations for your room (twinkle lights, etc.)
Please DO NOT bring to camp
- Electronics (phones, iPods, iPads, portable video game systems, etc.)
- Knives (or other weapons)
- Cigarettes, alcohol, or non-prescription drugs
- Outside food, without express permission from our Summer Director
- Money (we have no tuck shop, so there is no need to send campers with money)
Questions about Summer Camp?
Here are some of our most frequently asked questions about camp. If you have any further questions, please contact our Registrar, Sally Banks, at 902-681-8100 or firstname.lastname@example.org.