Things to remember when packing for Camp!
Please remember to mark all clothing with your camper’s name.
Clothing will get dirty so pack accordingly.
Please ensure you have enough of each item to last the entire length of camp, with a few extras (6 days and 5 nights).
Brigadoon is not responsible for the loss or damage of items and clothing.
We do not have a tuck shop, so campers do not need to bring money.
If you or your camper forget something or are not able to pick something up before camp, don’t worry! We have extras of almost all of these things onsite.
YOU MUST pack ALL medications in their original packaging, in a ZipLock bag with your camper’s name on it. Please make sure that you send enough of each medication to last the full week, plus a few extras just in case!
- Underwear and socks
- Pants and shorts
- T-shirts and long sleeve shirts
- Sweater or sweatshirt
- Jacket or windbreaker
- Rain jacket and rain pants
- Sneakers (important for many of our programs)
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Hairbrush or comb
- Bath towel
- Shower shoes
- Feminine hygiene products
- Masks (enough to last the week!)
- Medications (you will check in with a nurse upon arrival) including Epi-pens, inhalers, etc.
- Sleeping bag OR twin fitted sheets/blankets
- Pillow and pillowcase
- Water bottle
- Small backpack/bag
- Beach towel
- Adaptive equipment or mobility aids (wheelchair, walker, etc.)
- Journal/notebook and pens/pencils
- A fan (nights can get hot!)
- Stuffed animals or comfort items
- Musical instruments
- Bug spray
- Some snazzy clothes for our Thursday night gala dinner (either the nicest or silliest clothes you can find!)
- Clothes for meal themes: we’ll send out an e-mail a few weeks before camp which will let you know what the meal themes for the week will be! If your camper would like to pack some extra special clothes for this purpose, they’re more than welcome to!
If your camper is a returning camper, they likely already have a Briga-Battle team! We’d encourage them to pack clothes to represent their team! For first-year campers, we’ll sort them into a Briga-Battle team when they arrive:
- Bears: Brown or Black
- Eagles: Yellow or White
- Foxes: Red or Orange
- Turtles: Green or Blue
Our Campers Recommend:
- Sharpie markers for signing t-shirts
- Stationary for writing notes to your friends
- Your own supply of friendship bracelet string
- Your favourite stuffed animal to make it feel like home
- Decorations for your room (twinkle lights, etc.)
Please DO NOT Bring to Camp
- Electronics (phones, iPods, iPads, portable video game systems, etc.)
- Knives (or other weapons)
- Cigarettes, alcohol, or non-prescription drugs
- Outside food, without advance discussion with camp staff
Questions about Summer Camp?
Here are some of our most frequently asked questions about camp. If you have any further questions, please contact our Registrar, Sally Banks, at 902-681-8100 or firstname.lastname@example.org.