Summer Camp Staff
What Does Working at Brigadoon for a Summer Look Like?
- We hire a team of 30 staff members for the summer, comprising of new and returning staff in a wide range of positions.
- The minimum age to work as a member of our staff team is 18 years old.
- We require a full summer commitment (from the middle of June to the end of August, with extra time required for our more senior positions).
- Our staff members live on-site for the entirety of the contract, with the freedom to come and go on the weekends in between sessions.
- Living accommodations and (delicious) food are provided for the duration of the contract.
- Our sessions run from Sunday to Friday, meaning that staff have Friday evening and all day Saturday off.
- All of our staff take part in a thorough staff training process prior to the beginning of the summer season.
- Our staff members work full days, caring for and running programs for our campers from about 7:00 am – 11:00 pm.
- You can read more information here on our FAQ page.
Who We’re Looking For
At Brigadoon, we’re looking for enthusiastic, hard-working candidates, who are committed to delivering a positive, impactful experience to our campers. Our staff members are committed to constant growth and improvement and find new and exciting ways to do their jobs even more effectively each day. Our team members are compassionate, kind, patient, thoughtful and not afraid to be silly!
No camp experience? No problem! We will teach you everything you need to know to be an incredible role model for our campers and to give them a meaningful experience, as long as you’re ready to jump in and learn! We are looking to hire a staff team whose skills, strengths, and backgrounds are as diverse as those of our campers to build a strong community.
Why Work at Brigadoon?
In summer at Brigadoon, you will likely work harder than you ever have before. It is exhausting work. You will, however, know without a doubt at the end of every single day that you’ve made a positive impact in the lives of our campers. We know that our staff members are an integral part of making our summer success and ensuring the best possible experience and growth for each of our campers. We strive to make sure that each of our staff members is thriving in an environment where they feel supported and like their individual needs are being met. We focus on the growth of each of our staff members, ensuring that each member of our team has an impactful summer experience which will continue to be rewarding long after the summer has ended.
While working with us, you will get to be part of a team of passionate change-makers who are among the kindest, silliest, most energetic and enthusiastic people you will ever meet. You’ll also meet a hugely diverse group of amazing kids who will have just as much to teach you. You’ll have the incredible privilege of sending these brave kids home as even better versions of themselves. You’ll laugh and smile more than you ever thought possible, even while you’re falling into your bed exhausted every night.
While you’ll have an incredibly rewarding and fun summer, you’ll also develop skills that will make you a strong candidate in your future career path. We’ll help you to develop strong leadership and communication skills, will allow you to practice problem-solving and critical thinking skills, and will make sure that you leave with the skills to work with a broad range of people as part of a strong team. A summer at camp will make you more flexible, adaptable, and organized, helping to put you at the top of your game, regardless of what your future goals might be.
How to Apply
We are no longer accepting applications for our 2022 Summer Staff Team, but please contact us if you are interested in being considered for one of the following positions in future:
Brigadoon Village is committed to employment equity and encourages all passionate, hard-working candidates to apply. If you require accommodation at any point during the hiring/employment process, please let us know as we will work with you to meet your needs. All responses will be kept entirely confidential.