Brigadoon Village Medical Team
Our Medical Team comprises of a variety of medical professionals, including RNs, LPNs, Nurse Practitioners, Doctors, Respiratory Therapists, and Child Life Specialists. They help us to manage our campers’ ongoing conditions, to administer medications, and provide first aid and treatment for conditions/circumstances which come up during the camp week. Our Medical Team help to keep our campers safe and well-cared-for so that they can focus on what’s really important – having fun!
Medical roles at a glance:
- Our camp sessions begin on Sunday morning and end on Friday evening. We prefer that medical staff be able to commit to the entirety of a camp session, though can make exceptions in some cases.
- We have eight weeks of camp during which medical staff can join us for one or more weeks.
- Medical Team are paid with an honorarium at the end of their week with us.
- Medical Team will receive a thorough orientation prior to the arrival of campers.
- Our Medical Team is key to the success of our camper check-in process, assessing each camper, collecting their medications, and ensuring that their conditions are stable enough for them to be safe while at camp.
- Our days of camp are long, with a rotating schedule of who is on duty within the Medical Centre from wake up (7:00 am) until bedtime (10:00 pm).
- During busier medication administration times (usually meals and bedtime,) all of our Medical Team are on-hand to make sure that the process goes smoothly.
- Each Medical Team member will also have an on-call shift during which they respond to any medical issues which come up during the night.
The Application Process:
- Interested applicants should complete our online application.
- You will be contacted by our Summer Director to set up an interview.
- If selected, you will receive a confirmation e-mail, which will confirm which week(s) you’ll be able to join us.
- Prior to your arrival, we’ll need proof of a valid license within the province of Nova Scotia, clear Criminal Record Check (including Vulnerable Sector Check) as well as proof of Immunization History, to make sure we’re able to keep our campers safe!
- You’ll receive a Medical Team Manual, which will give you all of the information you’ll need!
- You will take part in a full training session before your role begins!
Our Medical Team applications close on June 1, 2020.
Questions? Contact our Summer Director, Tiffany, at email@example.com