Help us to achieve our mission of providing camp programs to children, youth and families living with a chronic illness, chronic condition or special need in Atlantic Canada. Brigadoon is made possible through your support - thank you. Donate here.
We rely on our community of monthly donors to help ensure Brigadoon has the funds necessary to operate year round. Monthly donations can be set up via credit card online by clicking here
In memoriam gift
A beautiful way to recognize someone who has passed away is to make a gift in their memory. We will mail a personalized card on your behalf acknowledging this thoughtful tribute. Donate here.
In honour gift
Looking for a way to say ‘congratulations’, ‘thank you’ or ‘happy birthday’? A donation in honour of another person is a wonderful way to recognize any special occasion. We will mail a personalized card on your behalf. Donate here.
Capital gains tax on donations of publicly traded securities/shares to charities was eliminated in 2006. You will also receive a tax receipt for the full market value of your donation.
Here is a step by step process for making your gift:
- Please contact your investment advisor. Your advisor will have you sign a letter of direction detailing the shares you wish to donate. Required information for your investment advisor can be found below.
- Your investment advisor will manage the transfer to Brigadoon through his/her head office.
- We will send you an acknowledgement of your donation. A tax receipt for your gift will follow.
Required Information for your investment advisor:
Institution: CIBC Wood Gundy
Account Name: Brigadoon Children’s Camp Society
CMS A/C # 2710516911
CUSIP # Of security being donated
A copy of your client’s signed instructions is to be emailed to Megan Taggart, CIBC Wood Gundy, at firstname.lastname@example.org and Michelle Bohaychuk, Brigadoon Children’s Camp Society, at email@example.com to ensure a precise and timely transfer.
Other ways to make your donation
- Give by Phone: 1-888-471-5666 or (902) 422-3387
- Give by Mail: Print and complete this form and mail to: 5523A Young Street, The Hydrostone Market, Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3K 1Z7
- Give in Person: Drop your donation to our office: 5523A Young Street, The Hydrostone Market, Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3K 1Z7
- In Kind Donations: Please view our wish list or contact (902) 422-3387
For more information on how you can support Brigadoon, please contact Vanessa Nasrallah at 902-422-3387 or firstname.lastname@example.org